Tuesday, August 17, 2010

WHAT CHURCH IS FOR

As Jesus is the head of His church, and all believers are the body of Christ. What we call the church building is where the body of Christ comes together. It is for the believers, those who have admitted that they are a sinner and have repented of their sins and that Jesus died for them, cleansing them from their sins, and will commit their sins no more. It is for the saved, God’s children to worship Him, learn His word and sing praises to Him.  And report all God has done through them. It is the assembly of His saints.

8 LORD, I have loved the habitation of Your house, 
And the place where Your glory dwells.
9 Do not gather my soul with sinners, 
Nor my life with bloodthirsty men,
10 In whose hands is a sinister scheme, 
And whose right hand is full of bribes.
11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity; 
Redeem me and be merciful to me.
12 My foot stands in an even place; 
In the congregations I will bless the LORD.
PSALM  26 : 8 – 12

5 And the heavens will praise Your wonders, O LORD;
Your faithfulness also in the assembly of the saints.
PSALM  89 : 5

7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints,
And to be held in reverence by all those around Him.
PSALM  89 : 7

1 Praise the LORD!
I will praise the LORD with my whole heart,
In the assembly of the upright and in the congregation.
PSALM  111 : 1

47 praising God and having favor with all the people.
And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
ACTS  2 : 4

27 Now when they had come and gathered the church together,
they reported all that God had done with them,
and that He had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles.
ACTS  14 : 27

12 saying:   “ I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”
HEBREWS  2 : 12

No comments:

Post a Comment