Friday, November 13, 2020

WHAT WE HAVE

WHAT  WE  HAVE

 

We  can’t  see  what  we  have

Only  what  we’ve  lost

We’ve  forgotten  all  God’s  blessings

To  us  there  was  no  cost

 

As  we’re  sitting  in  the  restaurant

Do  we  dare  to  complain

How  long  it  takes  to  get  our  food

To  ease  our  hunger  pain

 

I  believe  that  it’s  a  blessing

For  the  privilege  just  to  wait

Someone  is  there  to  wait  on  me

And  no  blessing  can  be  late

 

And  if  my  patience’s  starts  to  wear

It’s  hungry  children  that  I  see

As  they  wait  for  help  to  come

A  waitress  comes  to  me

 

I  have  those  haunting  thoughts

Of children  starving  on  this  day

Dear  God  forgive  my  selfishness

And  lead  me  in  Your  way

  

4  Show  me  Your  ways, O Lord; 

Teach me Your  paths. 5  Lead me in Your truth

and  teach me,  For You are the God of my

salvation;  On You I wait  all the day.

PSALM 25:4,5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment