Saturday, May 22, 2021

I WAS HUNGRY

I  WAS  HUNGRY

 

It  sounds  like  greed

The  church  must  be  first

What  about  the  hungry

And  those  who  thirst

 

They  don’t  have  food

Give  tithe  to  the  church

You  give  extra  to  bless

Those  stuck  in  a  lurch

 

When  you  stand  before  Jesus

What  will  He  say

Didn’t  you  hear  Me

I  was  hungry  that  day

 

If  given  a  choice

What  would  Jesus  do

Would  He  give  to  a  temple

Or  would  He  feed  you

 

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord,

when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and

give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and

take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You

sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer

and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it

to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

MATTHEW 25:37-40

No comments:

Post a Comment