Friday, October 16, 2020

AS SYMBOLS GO

AS  SYMBOLS  GO

 

As symbols go

I won’t be deceived

I know I’m saved

In Christ I believe

 

He died on the cross

My life He won

The cross is a symbol

Of all He’s done

 

So many wear it

Around their neck

They lie and cheat

The symbol they wreck

 

You decorate the outside

With what ever you dare

Remember it’s your heart

He’ll judge so fair

 

Jewelry can’t save you

Only Jesus Christ can

He’s been saving souls

Since time began

 

The symbol we wear

In our heart we embrace

A gift from God

Saved by His grace

 

Then the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees

make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but

your inward part is full of greed and wickedness.

LUKE  11 : 39

 

For by grace you have been saved through faith,

and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

EPHESIANS 2:8

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment