Monday, January 25, 2021

DADDY I LOVE YOU

DADDY  I  LOVE  YOU

 

He  never  said  he  loved  me

Yes  I  know  he  did

He  never  showed  his  feelings

He  always  kept  them  hid

 

I  wanted  to  hear  those  words

Mary  I  love  you

My  husband  said  you  say  it  first

Maybe  he’ll  come  through

 

It  took  all  my  courage  to  say 

Daddy  I  love  you

I  was  afraid  I’d  get  no  answer

Yes  my  fear  came  true

 

My  husband  said  it’s  been  so  long

You  can’t  change  him  over  night

You  know  he  loves  you  don’t  give  up

His  love  for  you  shines  bright

 

Then  one  night  the  ice  broke

As  I  said  daddy  I  love  you

It  took  allot  for  him  to  say

You  know,  yah  me  too

 

It  took  three  months  of  saying

Daddy  I  love  you

I  finally  heard  those  words  from  him

For  me  my  dad  came  through

 

God  my  father  in  heaven

You  know  that  I  love  you

But  now  I  also  know

You  need  to  hear  it  too

 

Beloved, let us love one another,

for love is of God;  and everyone who

loves is born of God and knows God.

1 JOHN  4 : 7

No comments:

Post a Comment