Sunday, November 21, 2021

MY LOVE

MY LOVE

 

It was just my love and I

Climbing the stairs of life

Half way there was a platform

To rest from life’s strife

 

As we continued to climb

We went hand in hand

The stairs began to get steeper

So narrow I couldn’t stand

 

I became so fearful

My love said you go back

Down to the platform to wait

While I finished this task

 

I sit looking out a window

Watching life go by

My love never came back

Now here I sit and cry

 

I’m stuck between life and death

Our earthly dreams are gone

I haven’t been doing well

To be with him I long

 

God said I’ll get you up those stairs

But today is not your day

He said you just take my hand

And I’ll guide you on your way

 

This month its been one year

But it feel like yesterday

Feeling this loss and pain

All I can do is pray

 

The times I do go out

I hide it oh so well

This pain that I am suffering

No one could ever tell

 

I hold on to God’s promise

My love one day I’ll see

Then we’ll be together

With Jesus for all eternity

 

For You are my rock and my fortress; Therefore,

for Your name’s sake, Lead me and guide me.

PSALM 31:3

 

Most assuredly, I say to you,

he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

JOHN 6:47

 

for so an entrance will be supplied to you

abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of

our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

2 PETER 1:11

 

No comments:

Post a Comment